What we need – a thorough and communicative Project Manager
At our current early stage of growth, we need a thorough, planned and communicative Project Manager to be an integral part of our business to ensure we manage the technical delivery of our IoT sensor equipment at our customer’s sites to achieve our goals! EMSOL is a hardware and real-time software platform that is Globally scalable.
You will help us deliver exciting customer projects as the product develop and matures into a product-market fit plus support high profile Innovate UK projects – ‘First of a Kind- a project with East West Rail Alliance within a challenging shirt window. (completion by March 2020).
We need someone who will own the direction, coordination, control and communication of our system implementation, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the team. You will take full ownership of our implementation approach, ensuring successful implementation and a continuous improvement cycle. You will manage the flow of customer and stakeholder feedback to the product development team during installation and on-boarding.
You will be responsible for working across the business building excellent relationships with stakeholders at all levels to ensure key targets are met. You will always be working in the commercial interests of the Company ensuring success at every step.
EMSOL is an exciting early stage of growth in an exciting Climate Action space. As such we have a lot to keep proving and to achieve. We need to keep evolving our scalable global product and business process. This role will be significantly responsible for how we operate and building a business process of excellence and quality. We need people that can work within a culture of getting things done, taking on responsibility and driving high standards to delight our customers and keep challenging our product offering to be a world-beater.
Be responsible for the programme of product implementation at customer sites covering:
- EMSOL’s installation approach and strategic arrangements with delivery partners
- Define implementation scope and goals for each site, define tasks and allocate required resources
- Budget planning (spend and cash flow planning for hardware and resource), decision making and working with the finance team to agree equipment charging and invoicing arrangements for each pilot/customer order
- Managing the project planning activity to create schedules and project timelines to ensure timely delivery of milestones and deliverables
- Track deliverables, monitor take action and report on project progress, problems and solutions to stakeholders
- Coordination EMSOL’s implementation team and external suppliers to install our hardware all sites
- Lead customer liaison on handover from the sales team, lead project communication with our project partners, including Innovate UK and stakeholders during implementation and lead and support change within the customer’s organisation to transition use of EMSOL to Business as Usual (BAU)
- Collating feedback; our product is new and innovative and we have a lot of iterative enhancements planned – communicating feedback with the EMSOL product managers for product improvement activity
- Own the implementation improvement cycle using analysis of feedback, installation and fault finding checklists from each implementation
- Oversee EMSOL implementation risk register, mitigations and equipment asset register including passwords, IP addresses, etc
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Understanding of PM role and responsibilities and proficiency in PM tools (essential)
- Experience in risk management (essential)
- Ability to develop an excellent understanding of EMSOL’s product and it’s product fit within the market (essential)
- Understanding of behaviour/business change (essential)
- Competency in managing Health and Safety for equipment installation (desirable)
- Experience in Critical thinking, 5Ys analysis and problem solving to inform decision-making (desirable)
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication (email and reports) (essential)
- Good influencer and persuasive in stakeholder relationships (essential)
- Experience in demonstrating good progress against weekly key metric reporting (essential)
- Experience in managing IUK projects (desirable)
- Project management qualification (APMP) or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience of effectively minimising data outages and system downtime (desirable)
- Start-up experience (desirable)
Who Are EMSOL
Established in 2017, EMSOL’s vision is to use great technology to tackle one of the biggest problems facing cities across the world – air and noise pollution. As a data focused business, our internet based platform enables Companies to proactively manage their emissions, giving them real time information through a network of system architecture and sensors.
Our system means Companies can proactively meet compliance and regulatory requirements and as a business EMSOL are working towards a Green solution for businesses.
We are a close team that are really passionate about what we do. You will have unprecedented access to the tech start up world and will be working with highly successful entrepreneurs. We are down-to-earth, friendly and enjoy all of the team contributing to our success. We want trusted partners in our small, friendly and autonomously structured team, within a relaxed and flexible working culture.