Environmental Data Scientist
What we need – a thorough and detail orientated Data Scientist
At our current early stage of growth, we need a thorough, accurate and detailed Data Scientist to be an integral part of our business to ensure we accurately manage the data that our systems produce and can communicate this data effectively to clients.
We need someone who has worked in an Environmental Data Scientist role before, preferably within a start up environment or within a construction, freight/logistics or Council body. You will own the who process of collection, analysis, interpretation and communication to customers to ensure the data is accurate, reliable and clear to understand by our customers.
You will be responsible for working across the business to build excellent relationships with key stakeholders, including the Product Manager, COO and CEO to ensure quality in all our published data.
In this role you will:
- Have a thorough understanding of air quality assessments.
- Have experience producing or reviewing air quality monitoring and assessment reports on small scale major developments/projects with minimal supervision and contribution to colleagues’ work on large scale major developments/projects.
- Have experience addressing the satisfaction of air quality requirements (e.g. planning conditions) on the relevant small scale major developments/projects.
- Have experience assisting in the coordination and management of air quality monitoring or improvement projects.
- Use your detailed knowledge and understanding of EU, national and local environmental legislation and guidance related to air quality to understand the duties and powers this legislation places on our clients.
- Understand relevant environmental planning guidance and legislation.
- Have experience of using a GIS based database and quantitative risk assessment modelling tools.
- Have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and to be able to communicate complex themes in technical and non-technical terms, both orally and in writing, concisely with a variety of different audiences and have the ability to contribute to corporate issues within the organisation.
- Be numerate and well organised and be able to analyse and interpret complex data and seek solutions to technical challenges.
- Have experience and willingness to work within a team environment delivering an effective and proficient service to our users.
- Have excellent IT skills and experience working with large database systems.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience in a Data Scientist role
- IoT experience and working in a start up company is useful
- Detailed technical knowledge
- A good understanding of environmental legislation
- Experience with the planning system is highly desirable.
- You will be qualified at a minimum to a degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g. Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Atmospheric Science, or equivalent).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and
- IT skills are a must and experience of databases, quantitative risk assessment and analysis tools is required.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
Who Are EMSOL
Established in 2017, EMSOL’s vision is to use great technology to tackle one of the biggest problems facing cities across the world – air and noise pollution. As a data-focused business, our internet-based platform enables Companies to proactively manage their emissions, giving them real-time information through a network of system architecture and sensors.
Our system means Companies can proactively meet compliance and regulatory requirements and as a business EMSOL are working towards a Green solution for businesses.
Based in our Angel office we are expanding rapidly into our Cardiff office following successful funding from the Development Bank of Wales and Innovate UK.
We are a close team that are really passionate about what we do. You will have unprecedented access to the tech start-up world and will be working with highly successful entrepreneurs. We are down-to-earth, friendly and enjoy all of the team contributing to our success. We want trusted partners in our small, friendly and autonomously structured team, within a relaxed and flexible working culture.